OliviaWaite

Oliviate

Olivia Waite is a romance author, practicing feminist, and wide-ranging dilettante.

The Admiral's Penniless Bride Review

The Admiral's Penniless Bride - Carla Kelly
Sally Paul is down to her last penny. As she spends it on a cup of tea—to stave off being at the mercy of the workhouse—the last thing she expects is an offer of marriageĀ…from a complete stranger!

Admiral Sir Charles Bright's seafaring days are over—and according to society, that must mean he's in need of a wife! Discovering Sally's in need of a home, he offers a solutionĀ…. They marry in haste—but will they enjoy their wedding night at leisure?

Review

This book is compelling in its characterization and plot but the love story is like watching a flower unfurl in slow motions--utterly stunning.

Kelly, always, writes with such finesse and historical truth while never losing sight of the utter humanity of the individual lives of the smallest of characters in her book.

Here we have a heroine who knows what it is to hungry, a plain hero whose soul is large and a happily ever after we can believe in.

This is simply a stellar read. Heartbreaking and heartwarming but always clear sighted and filled with empathy.

I love it and hope you will as well.

Reblogged from Cat's Books: Romance